Sunday, August 16, 2009

GI Joe

My 12 (soon to turn 13) year old son wanted to see GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra for his birthday next week so we saw it last night. What a surprisingly good movie. Great special effects, good plot line, good movie, lots of implied violence, only a minimal amount of foul language, very little skin or sex...and it was still a really good movie. Both my sons (16 and 12) thought is was the best movie EVER and want to see it again. Even my wife liked it and that is saying alot.

The movie is a good illustration of of good vs. evil, right vs. wrong and even though the bad guy wears white.

If you have a teenage son or liked GI Joe as a kid....you'll like this movie.

1 comment:

  1. I used to watch the cartoons, when I was a kid and enjoyed the CGI movie that came out a few years ago.

    I haven't read much about it yet, but our source for Christian movie reviews is www.pluggedinonline.com. It's a ministry of Focus on the Family.

    Also, at home, we subscribe to ClearPlay, whose unique player filters out questionable material. See my blog post about ClearPlay.

    ReplyDelete