Saturday, March 20, 2010

Rocky Mountain High

I am sitting here looking out over a snow covered North Fork Valley in Western Colorado. The sun is just peeking over Beckwith peak, causing the mountains to glow gold. I am so glad my parents are from Western Colorado because it gives me a reason (free room and board) to visit here. We have been skiing and playing in freshly fallen snow, acting like the Texans we are.

We're headed back today, to the warmth of Texas, a place where it is not 12 degrees, where daffodils and redbuds are already blooming instead of the monochromatic shades of black, gray and white. Its a 16 hour drive from back to the Dallas area. From cold to warm, mountains to flat lands...both places feel like home. I will post some pictures when I get back to Texas. Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful ... anxious to see the pictures. Our LORD surely did bless us with a beautiful earth, didn't He? Wow, I can't even imagine how much moreso heaven will be!!!
    PS: daffodils and redbuds are 2 of my favorites ... nice to have them to welcome you home!
    Here in California, wild poppies and lupin are popping up everywhere and the fruit trees are beginning to bloom!
    NEW life! ... RESURRECTED life!
    Spring is SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete