Sunday, June 14, 2009

What a Week??!!?

Well lets see...should I start with my house being struck by lightening last Thursday, going 24 hours without electricity, the gas leak was caused by lightening arcing from the hot water heater and melting the gas pipe, half the electronics and circuits are fried in our house, speeding ticket (80 in a 70...I was guilty) or the seven hour drive to my wife's family reunion? There has been a lot happening since Thursday...but Jesus is Lord.

On the positive side...

The lightening hit less than five feet away from my son's head (who was sleeping in his bed) but he was OK. No one was hurt...except being scared half to death. There was no fire or major damage to the structure of the house. Other than having to take a cold shower, there was little inconvenience.

I really like my wife's family so driving 5 hours is no big deal to see them and spend time with them.

Went to a Rangers game today (free tickets right behind homeplate...sweet) and got to park free (because the ticket lady didn't have change).

My mother is visiting from Colorado which is always nice as she gives me cooking tips and is fun to talk to.

I hope your weekend was better than mine. No matter how bad things get, God still reigns. When things go wrong, he provides a way out. He sustains. He is good.

You ever been struck by lightening? How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment