Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Experience the Spirit Exercise 39

In previous posts, I have outlined some exercises I have used to help people develop a passionate relationship with Christ. These are the exercises that had positive effects in people's spiritual walk. Feel free to ask about any of the exercises and I will try to explain the best I can. But don't just read them, try them on for size and see if they will help you in your walk with Christ.

39. Praying the prayer of agreement is a tool God has given us to pray with power.

Matthew 18.19-20. NIV "Again I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there I am with them."

Here is how to do it: After praise and worship, when someone is praying and they say something you agree with, verbally affirm (agree) with what is being prayed. So if someone prays, "Father, in the name of Jesus, heal Mark's knee, repair fractures on the bone, restore the bone as you created it be, so the power of your healing will be made known to Mark and his family." If you hear that prayer and sense the Spirit agreeing with it, verbalize agreement with 'Yes, Lord make it so,' or 'I agree,' or 'Yes Lord, in the name of Jesus, rain your healing down upon Mark's knee so your glory will be made known.'

I have always believed that prayer should be a group effort instead of one person leading and everyone going brain dead. Let the joy and passion of Christ dwell in the prayers of Christians and see what the Lord will do. I think it is OK for 2 or 3 or more people to pray at the same time, not trying to out do each other but praying in tandem and agreement with each other. Try it and see if you can't sense more of the presence of God praying the prayer of agreement. Get lively!

No comments:

Post a Comment